Monday, April 22, 2013

Botany: Trees and Plants


While Bear was working on all the hammering and building this morning, I had a chance to work with Indie a bit. We haven't had a chance to work on Botany yet (with either of them) so I thought in lieu of earth day, it would be a great week to start. 

We downloaded these amazing free printables from The Helpful Garden.

 I pulled out the parts of the tree and the parts of a plant from the Botany Nomenclature Set for Indie. We went over them using a three period lesson and I was so excited to see her attention span continuing to increase. 




A little after that we went upstairs to examine a flower up close. I pointed out the parts we learned about and big brother even came over to point out some other terms I didn't know he remembered. We'll go over some of the more complex nomenclature later this week.






More Botany!







No comments:

Post a Comment