Monday, December 5, 2011

Every once in a while I need a reminder...

that preschool is supposed to be fun. 

I don't know what it was about last week, but reading just wasn't going well. I realized that Bear was simply memorizing everything. Which is awesome for sight words. Not so much for everything else. Like when we needed to read words like "mop" and "cot" when he had memorized "map" and "cat." They look alike. A lot alike. And to be honest, I was getting really frustrated that he wasn't getting it. 

It took a bit but I had to remind myself that he is in fact, three.  He does not need to read yet. Like, not even close. 

So this week (and for however long he needs) we have scrapped reading as a day to day subject. 

*Disclaimer: We'll still read stories together. This applies to independent reading skills.*


I am, on the other hand, really excited to spend more time on Geography. I love these units by Homeschool Creations. Bear loves maps and atlases and anything related to the above things. It's a great fit for us. 

Here's what we've been up to this week:


Barry the elf causing trouble 


almost a climber...






Advent Activity: Truth in the Tinsel. It's been so very fun. I highly recommend it!


stacking drums and counting. 



um... please stop! 


Thank you all so very much for downloading the Christmas pack. I had over 1,000 hits in the past two weeks and I honestly can't believe it! I'm really excited to get a couple more things together this week- including a book of mazes to print out. 


Need more free activities? I started a board on pinterest for all the holiday crafts we've been doing- here's the link to the board



No comments:

Post a Comment