Monday, January 21, 2013

Immune System {Free Printable}

I love being able to use my background in biology to help make science a little more accessible and (hopefully) fun.

This week I made up some three part cards and a mini booklet to fill in for a study of the immune system. I noticed that info on the immune system can vary widely. It can be really in depth or extremely simple. I tried to keep this appropriate for my own kids interest. Hopefully you'll find it helpful!


You can download the google document by clicking on the picture. 

For the cards, print two copies and use as three part cards. For the booklet, cut out and staple together.


We are also using:

The Magic School Bus Fights Germs (Scholastic Easy Reader)
Immune System Matching (a lot more detailed in terms of types of cells, great extension)
Science with Me (sign up for the free activities and there is a great blood cell coloring sheet- this is a really cool site and there are a ton of free resources)



Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great unit study for this time of year, Lauren! And thanks so much for sharing your wonderful printable! I featured your printable as the Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page and on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/debchitwood/free-printable-of-the-day/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful cards - Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! My 4 year old is very science-oriented and she's going to love this. She was just asking me to show her bacteria yesterday.

    I have lots of free printables for homeschooling on my blog: inourpond.blogspot.com. Come and check it out if you have some time.

    ReplyDelete