Friday, October 12, 2012

Montessori Number and Letter Work {Book Review}

So my daughter, who I left unattended in the schoolroom, ripped up our DIY sandpaper letters. Letters that took me a good couple of hours of work plus a pair of new scissors. 

Normally I am all about DIY and as cheap as you can. But when I saw that these books came out- I was ecstatic. 



The kids were super excited when they came in the mail. We sat down and read it through once together. I appreciated the slightly raised letters how tall the books are. My favorite part though was that it reads like the perfect script for introducing sandpaper letters. 

"This is 'guh'"
Which makes them a must for any family using the Montessori at home. 
Read: you can't mess it up- even if you have no idea what you are doing.
The number book is also very well put together with objects to count before you trace the number. With a tray of sand next to the book, this would make a great activity. Since Bear is a bit older, we reviewed the sounds together and put it on his writing table for reference. Indie has been enjoying reading it through with me over and over and over and over.  



No comments:

Post a Comment