Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Exploring the Immune System {Playdough}



This system is pretty abstract so I thought a good way to extend on the activities we did earlier this week was to incorporate some "building" with play dough. 

I placed the Immune System 3 Part Cards on the play dough table and showed the kids how to make a model of each type of cell. We talked about what each one did and acted out a mini immune response with the antibodies and white blood cells. It was really fun! 

Here's what we used:

playdough (red, white, green, orange)
Immune System Cards (free to print)





1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love this idea, but I can't see the video. Is there another place I can check it out? Does the video still exist? I'm assuming there's some kind of video because my computer asked me to enable flash player, but after I did that (on two separate browsers), it was just a blank white square.

    ReplyDelete