Monday, July 30, 2012

Salt Tray- Sensory Activity

Have you seen all these crazy wonderful sensory ideas for little ones who put everything in their mouths? I keep seeing them on posts and pinterest and I think it is great. I also find it intriguing that letting kids get "messy" has become somewhat trendy. No complaints here though! The name of the blog should give you some indicator on how we "do school."

We used some colored salt for an art project last week. It works really well for a sensory tray. Our tray had some colored salt, paper and glue. Bear was inspired by the book "Draw me a Star" by Eric Carl. 



Of course, that meant that little Indie also wanted to give it a shot. Since I made our colored salt (salt + some food coloring --> let dry) I figured it would be totally fine to ingest. 


Here she is playing with the glue. This is not something she normally gets to do but I figured we already had quite a big mess with the salt so why not give it a shot. 


And my favorite picture- the little fingers experiencing a texture both old and new. 



I hope you are inspired to go be messy- even if it's for only one little afternoon. 

-Lauren

Links for more wonderful ideas:
Montessori Monday

1 comment:

  1. Great activity - simple but beneficial in so many ways! Thanks for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete