Monday, January 14, 2013

Surviving Winter

I wanted to call this post "Celebrating Winter" since one of my goals for this year was to try to mark the passing of each season. But it was misleading because we have been trying to survive much less "celebrate" anything since the new year.  This past week in particular has been one of the hardest I can remember in terms of the kids and I and my husband being sick. It just doesn't seem to end. I do think we may be at the end of it but we shall see. I'm cautiously optimistic. 



The kids seem to be making the best of it though. Between doctors visits and watching SuperWhy! on netflix for hours on end, they have been pretty busy!

Pouring. 
I didn't get a chance to put away some of the birthday stuff from a party we had for Bear and this is what I found the little one doing when I came in the room today. She was busy pouring from the water bottle into cups. She spent some time stacking the paper cups and even unfolded some napkins to put underneath her cups. For a couple dollars worth of supplies- this kept her busy for an hour and a half!

Puzzles. 
Bear spent the morning working on a new puzzle. It was nice to see him focus on something that isn't legos. It ended up being a nice easy project for him to take his mind off his cough. 

Coloring. 
Markers are a favorite. I sat down with Indie for a little while to color. This girl can color for hours. As long as it's markers and not crayons. I don't know what the deal is with that. 
Playing with Boxes. 
What's funny about this picture is that it was the smallest box we had! We had a house with a door and a car and a bunch of other ones- but this one was a favorite. Guess you don't have to get that creative for them to have a good time. 
Hope you are managing to stay well during this cold and flu season. 
-Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment