Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Jacket I Wear in the Snow {Simple Busy Bag}



The kids have been enjoying reading this classic over and over again. It's one of my favorites! 

This afternoon I had some time so I figured it would be fun to cut out some simple pieces from felt to make a busy bag to go along with the book. 

After looking through the pictures I realized how off my scale was- the pants are super tiny compared to the boots- but that's ok :) The kids didn't seem to care much. I don't have a free pattern or anything for you- I just drew onto the felt simple shapes based on the clothing in the book.

Because we didn't have a felt board, I also made a fun "scroll" by hot gluing wooden dowels to the felt on either end.  This made it really fun to roll up all the pieces together. They still fit into a gallon size ziploc bag for storage.


How to Assemble:
-The book is The Jacket I Wear in the Snow by Shirley Neitzel.
- I used red, green, orange, blue, yellow and brown felt scraps.
I also used a bigger red piece of felt for the base/board/scroll. White would have been better in retrospect but we were out. You could also make a sled/snowman etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment