This was by far one of the coolest things we've done in a while. Barrett LOVES watching Popular Mechanics for Kids and one of the episodes that he watches all the time is all about fire safety.
He has been asking for a while to make one and today we were finally able to get to it! The directions were dictated to me by Barrett. Hope you enjoy!
empty peanut butter jar with a lid
small jar (that fits in the pb jar, no lid)
1. fill peanut butter jar with water (make sure to only fill how far your small jar goes, so that the water will not go into the small jar)
2. add baking soda to the water. Keep adding baking soda until it stops dissolving
3. fill small jar with vinegar
4. gently place into the peanut butter jar
5. hammer a small hole into the lid with the nail
6. put lid on jar
7. start a fire and then shake the jar and then it will put out the fire.
Obviously, use proper precautions around fire...