Monday, August 5, 2013

Our First Kiwi Crate- Review and Coupon!



I ordered our first crate a few months ago and was so eagerly awaiting the delivery... how would it go? would the kids like it? was it worth the $20? 


I don't believe I've done many reviews of products- I prefer the DIY cheap version of things. But I kept seeing it posted on blogs and I just couldn't help but try it out! 

Never heard of a Kiwi Crate? Check out their site: http://www.kiwicrate.com/. It's a subscription service that gives you a box filled with theme based activities. 

So how did it go? 

Well both good and bad to be honest. 

What we Loved!
-Appropriate theme for the time of year (wonders of water in the middle of summer)
-Everything we needed for the activities in the box
-Crafts easy enough for my 2 year old!!!
-It took up an afternoon + enough supplies for another day (even longer with a little bit of rationing)
 -well rounded- book ideas, science activities, the perfect jumping off point for a month of learning
 -kept both my 2 year old girl and 5 year old boy happy!!!



What I'm Not Sold On...
-The crafts didn't go over super well with my five year old boy (but let's be honest, crafts in general don't anyway)
-The cost. Still seems just barely more than I feel I should spend on craft supplies
-It was a lot. The kids went from activity to activity until they were totally exhausted. (This I could easily remedy but only putting out one thing at a time and hiding the box)


We are very much looking forward to our next box (Fun with Flight) coming  this month! Want to try it? You can get $10 off by clicking here and signing up. 




disclaimer: I am just a mom who purchased this product and tried this out on my kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment